Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Beginning

By: Julie Mika

Coffee ran through my veins as my excitement began to heighten. Arriving at the airport in the freezing cold to embark on this journey was the beginning of this challenge. Today was my first time flying, I was surprisingly more excited then nervous. After checking our luggage we boarded our first connecting flight from Newark to Houston. The plane ride went well, and I was amazed at how much time went by from initially becoming part of the delegation to actually being on the plane and leaving, it was surreal. After landing in Houston, we hurried over to the next gate to finally board to Managua! Everyone was excited and anxious to arrive. However, when we got there, my luggage was still in Houston. I knew this delegation would be a personal challenge, but jeeze talk about unexpected! 
No time to worry about that though, because we were quickly boarding the bus to our first destination in Nicaragua for lunch at Parque Tiscapa and a visit to the Sandino Museum and Somoza Nights of Torture Exhibit. The museum and exhibit was an eye opener to history of the people of Nicaragua and the adventures left to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment