Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Meet the Delegates: Ally Blumenfeld

I'm Ally and I'm a senior graduating with an English major and theatre minor.  Being a part of Team Nicaragua has been my dream ever since I first learned about the delegation as a freshman.  Through my on-campus work at both the Women's Center and the Global Education Center, I've become passionate about women's health and rights, social justice, and international education.  I spent my junior year in London, England, where I became interested in studying anthropology, understanding global issues, and creating theatre for change.  I am currently collaborating on a performance piece about fair trade and related social issues and hope to use my experience in Nicaragua to inform my work on this project.  I am super grateful to have this opportunity to be educated, and to then be able put my passion for social change into action.  I'm beyond excited to see where this experience takes all of us, and I plan to make every minute of it count.

No comments:

Post a Comment