Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Meet the Delegates: Alyssa Stokes

My name is Alyssa Stokes and I am a senior at Montclair State University. Health Education with a concentration in Public Health is my area of study and I was eager to be a part of Team NICA 2012 because I wanted to get an unrefined experience and learn what people in underdeveloped countries go through to get the necessities that Americans take for granted. While in Nicaragua I wish to learn about the social, political, economic, and health care policies, both domestic and foreign, that keep the citizens of countries like Nicaragua in poverty without any hope for prosperity.  While in Nicaragua I wish to exercise my passion for Health Education while empowering the youth of Nicaragua about sex, sexuality, and reproductive rights.  Taking this trip to Nicaragua will help me discover what my contribution as a World Citizen will be in my occupational future.

No comments:

Post a Comment